Since the pandemic out-break in 2020, the world has been in a constant state of haste, uncertainty and chaos. The biggest benefactors of this has been the hackers, trying to harm businesses by impacting businesses globally.
According to a recently published article by Forbes, here are some of the scary 2021 cybersecurity facts. The facts identified have been broken down into multiple categories, such as industry domain, types of attacks etc.
Here are our top picks and how they can impact you, and why you should be careful about it.
- 78% Lack Confidence in Their Company’s Cybersecurity Posture.
- Data breaches have lasting financial effects on hospitals, report suggests.
- Cyber-crime To Cost The World $10.5 Trillion Annually By 2025.
- The average cost of a data breach is $3.86 million as of 2020.
- Google has registered 2,145,013 phishing sites as of Jan 17, 2021.
- Ransomware Victim Every 10 Seconds in 2020.
- Attackers disrupted COVID-19 efforts and critical supply chains.
There are many other such records that are available on the article by Forbes, however the facts mentioned above demonstrate the issue at hand and how widespread it is. Over the last few years cyber crimes have sky-rocketed and a slow down does not seem to be in sight. With the cost of cyber-crimes to cost around $10.5 trillion dollars by 2025, the cybersecurity domain is working tirelessly to reduce this number and the crimes themselves.
In order to understand to handle this issue better, businesses need to realize that cybersecurity is a necessity in the current landscape. It is no longer a luxury item for businesses, and it certainly doesn’t a need for big businesses. Business owners need to do their part as well by being attentive and educated at all times.
If you are not sure how secure your business operations are talk to us. Don’t become another statistic for the world.
Read the complete article here – https://bit.ly/2Qqa4Xz